Fire is a devastating occurrence. No one can tell who the next victim will be. In fact, the National Fire Protection Association reported that a US fire department responds to a fire every 24 seconds.
No matter how big or small your home is, the results of fire damage can be stressful. Aside from dealing with your losses, you will also have to think about starting over. That is why it is important to understand emergency restoration.
The process of emergency restoration after a fire can be complex. Even a small fire can leave huge damage to your home. Aside from the location of the fire itself, it can leave a lingering smell of smoke. Additionally, soot can also spread throughout the area and discolor the furniture and walls.
There is also a chance of your home suffering from water damage or flooding. The sprinklers inside your home of the water the fire department used to put out the fire can also cause damage.
What To Do
No one wants to become a victim of a fire. However, it is best to be prepared so that one will not feel lost if ever it happens. Know the things that you have to do after a fire.
- Contact your family members or other members of the household who are not with you when the accident happened. Inform them about what happened.
- Start the process for your insurance policy claim. Call your home insurance agent.
- Hire a professional company that handles fire and smoke restoration. Professional restoration companies have the expertise, experience, and proper tools.
- Check with the professionals when it is safe to go back to your home. Do not enter a property that has suffered from fire damage until the professionals tell you it is okay to go inside. There may be hidden damage that can be dangerous for you and your family. There is also a possibility of your roof and floors falling down.
- Once you are clear to get into the property, save all undamaged items. If you have receipts and bank statements for things that you have purchased, keep them safe. Photos and a list of your valuables can help with the claim.
As stated earlier, you should leave the restoration of your home to a professional. However, it may help if you understand what it takes to put your home back in order.
The first thing that professionals do is to evaluate the severity of fire damage. It may be possible for your home to suffer from water damage as well. They will take care of everything your home needs. Not only will they remove the smell of smoke and soot and repair the damage, but they can also address mold problems.
If you ever find yourself facing fire damage, do not hesitate to call professional restoration services. Our team is available 24/7. You can also get free evaluations. Contact Renew Restoration to learn more.